The Walt Disney World Resort has a lot in store for guests in 2019. Walt Disney World will offer 19 new limited-time experiences beginning Jan. 18, 2019.
Move it! Shake it! Mouskedance it! Street Party | © The Disney Parks Blog
Here is what you can look forward to this year:
1. Looking to dance and sing with your favorite Disney pals? Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom will be full of music and dance!
2. You’ll be able to dance with Mickey and Minnie in the Move it! Shake it! Mouskedance it! Street Party at the Magic Kingdom. The celebration will include new live arrangements of “Mickey Mouse Club” songs.
3. On Main Street, USA, in Magic Kingdom, the beloved Dapper Dans will be performing songs celebrating Mickey and Minnie.
4. No celebration at Walt Disney World would be complete without some limited-time merchandise and food. Special Mickey-and- Minnie-themed foods and merchandise will be sold throughout Magic Kingdom.
5. Since this is a surprise, more special experiences will emerge at different points throughout the year in Magic Kingdom! We will make sure to keep you updated as those experiences pop up.
Celebrate the Incredibles at Disney’s Hollywood Studios | © The Disney Parks Blog
6. Still obsessing over Incredibles 2? You’re in luck! In Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Pixar Place is becoming Metroville city block!
7. At the end of the Metroville city block, you are invited to an incredible block party honoring Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone!
8. A very special celebrity, acclaimed super suit designer Edna Mode, will be out meeting and greeting with guests on Pixar Place.
9. Keep your eyes peeled in Pixar Place for clues about the location of Jack-Jack.
10. Also in Hollywood Studios, you will soon be able to meet your favorite monster duo! Mike and Sulley are making their way to Walt Disney Presents (where you will also find an exhibit about Walt Disney).
Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party | © The Disney Parks Blog
11. Have no worries! There are plenty more dance parties to go around! On Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, boogie with Timon and Rafiki in the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party. There is no better way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of hit animation feature “The Lion King”!
12. Looking for more Lion King fun? Disney’s Animal Kingdom will also be offering several 3D photo opportunities featuring scenes from “The Lion King.”
13. From Jan. 18 until Feb. 25, make sure not to miss the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. Stay tuned to Rainbow Caverns as we update you more on this event.
14. During the Festival of the Arts, the Disney Broadway Concert Series will take place all seven days of the week.
15. From March 6 until June 3, experience the beloved Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Beautiful topiaries and delicious foods will fill Epcot during this springtime celebration.
16. Looking for more music? The Garden Rocks Concert Series will be performing seven days a week throughout the Flower & Garden Festival.
17. The previously announced Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will premiere in Disney’s Hollywood Studios during spring 2019. We will be sure to update you as more details on this show become available.
18. Outside the Racing Academy you will be able to meet everyone’s new favorite car, Cruz Ramirez from Pixar’s “Cars 3”!
19. As previously reported on Rainbow Caverns, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will be performing its final show in mid-2019. Say goodbye to this long-running show before it is permanently retired! Read more about the closure and Epcot’s future nighttime spectacular plans here.
Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World for 2019? If so, which limited-time experience are you most excited for? Let us know!